Wednesday 22 May 2013

Progress on Several Fronts

We have a date - at last - for my initial supervisory panel meeting for my Ph D. Hopes for a round the table discussion foundered when it appeared that we couldn't all four get around a physical table all at the same time in the same place so it will be a video conference which actually is probably lots more convenient for everyone. It's so long since I re-visited my initial proposal I feel totally unprepared, but I've got a week and a day to get back up to speed. Must get myself into 'keeping quiet sitting at the feet of greater knowledge and experience' mode, also suppress my normal liveliness and grasshopper state of mind. That can't be too hard, can it? It's just for an hour.
 
Meanwhile in a less exciting part of the forest I have also had my bone scan appointment and that's next Wednesday. I have spent so long reassuring family that it's nothing to worry about I'm getting that atavistic feeling that I have jinxed it and they are going to find something really nasty. Let's hope not, eh? They advise not wearing an underwired bra for this procedure - tough luck, I don't own any bras without underwiring, on the grounds that they'd be totally useless!

No comments:

Post a Comment