Wednesday 23 January 2013

Do I Believe This?

I had a message from my putative  Director of Studies this morning saying that we have the green light, everything is good to go, paperwork off to Aberdeen and could she have a digital photo for my ID card.
 
I have no idea why anything is going via Aberdeen since UHI Admin is based in Inverness and the Post Graduate Studies part of UHI is administered from Oban, but I don't really care. Maybe Aberdeen (not part of UHI incidentally) is the only place with the technology for turning digital photos into student ID cards in the North of Scotland.
 
Since I have thought before that I am at the starting gate I am not getting excited about any of this yet. But it may be progress.
 
In another part of the forest, I finished the make-it-in-a-week junper and it actually took nine days, due, as mentioned previously, to my inability to work up any enthusiasm for sewing bits of knitting together.  I'm pleased with how it turned out; when I tried it on the only thing I didn't  like about it was the body inside it. Picture forthcoming in the planned craft round up of the month at the end of January. Although jumper will be laid out on some furnitore rather than being modelled.
 
And even more good news? the car passed its MOT this morning. Done locally, not in Inverness where I'm sure they would have found some invisible but  corroded hydraulic pipes to replace at great expense.  I said darkly to OH  'It Just Shows' and he pretended to agree. He thinks that if he panders to my insistence on getting stuff done on the  car here and not on mainland Scotland for the next twelve months  I will give in and  allow him another Citroen when the current one needs replacing.
 
To which the only thing I can say is this.
 
Not. A. Chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment